First of all, I wanted you to all know about a new stamp line coming to us from our very own Danielle Walls. She’s named her stamp line Neat & Tangled, just like her blog. All of her images are hand drawn, whimsical and just adorable. She’s having release week festivities all week with giveaways and previews and on August 10th her clear made in the USA photo-polymer stamp sets will be available for purchase. Linda and I are very excited for and proud of Danielle.
It’s Kelly here to share with you a suggestion from one of our flickr followers. Maria wanted to see some new takes on old cards, a REDO if you will 🙂 so I have 3. I actually have way more but I’m sure you have kids to feed and cards to make so you don’t want to spend all day here with me! lol
So here are the old cards in all their
ugly not so pretty glory and the much prettier new and improved version 🙂 I included the links to the old card’s post if you wanted to see how those were created.
This card I didn’t hate I just didn’t *LOVE*. Something about the box shape right in the center. So I changed the box to a banner and flipped it. I feel like a vertical card helps this particular design flow better. I stamped the flower in picked raspberry. For more color I rubbed on ripe persimmon and even more picked raspberry to blend. The banner was created by stamping the flower table cloth in versamark on glossy paper. Once dry I rubbed peacock feathers all over it and buffed off the extra. I still loved the shine of the original flower so I went over the outline with stardust stickles.
**Linda and I are so excited to have Leslie Hanna as our Guest Designer for the August 15th Challenge. We also have asked our Guest Designers to contribute one other project for the blog, so without further ado, here is Leslie’s gorgeous card using Oceans of Joy and tons of color. Thanks so much, Leslie!
Hi, there! I’m Leslie, also known around the Blogosphere as The Crooked Stamper. I am thrilled beyond words to have been asked to contribute a card to this fabulous blog! I dove right into my Hero Arts stash and made something in the “more is more” category. Here’s my card, then I’ll explain:
I wanted to introduce ink to my new-to-me Chevron background, and I chose several Distress blues and greens to color it. I declared the result to be the ocean, and pulled out my Oceans of Joy set for some fishies. I embossed them with black embossing powder, then colored them with some Faber Castel Gelatos. Love those things!
Thanks, again, to Mary Dawn and Linda for the opportunity to share one of my cards here! 🙂
We’re back with another challenge for you!
As always we’re so delighted to be sponsored by the amazing team at
Thank you to Heidi for your support!
OK Onto the challenge!
No, this doesn’t mean you have to put on a bathing suit, jump in the pool and start windmill-ing those arms! It means you have FREE RANGE! You can make A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G you want!
As always, you don’t have to use Hero Arts products, but if you can, please do! They’re why we’re here!
We are so super excited to have a special Guest Designer with us today–the beautiful, sweet Barb Engler!!
**sorry for the typo of your surname Barb! Thanks to those of you who let me know of the error**
Now it’s your turn!!
Make a project and add it to the inlinkz tool below, before 5pm EDST on the 10th of August, to be in the draw to win
Welcome back to A Blog Named Hero!
It’s Steph here and today I have a couple of cards to share that are based on the blog challenge that just recently ended – Inspired By A Hero Artist.
I ended up making 2 cards inspired by 2 Hero Artists. The first was inspired by the awesome card by Shari Carroll:
I have loved this card since the first time I saw it. I love the colours – the blues and the browns look so great together. And that bird stamp looks so great on this card design. I decided to use a similar stamp and the same colour scheme for my card. I stamped the image onto a hexagon shape slightly smaller than the stamp design. I then stamped and coloured it again and cut out the bird, flowers and leaves. I added them with foam adhesive over the original stamped image. And because the hexagon shape is smaller than the stamped image, some of the cut out parts actually go over the edge. I love how it looks.
The second artist I was inspired by was Jennifer McGuire and more specifically this card:
Jennifer does a lot of cards with acetate and I really love the look. The acetate makes it look like elements on the card are floating. For my card, I decided to use a die from Spellbinders to give my acetate area a little shape. Once I had my pieces diecut and the acetate ‘sandwiched’ into the card front, I stamped my vines/flowers on the inside of the card so you could see them through the acetate window. I then stamped and diecut my butterflies and adhered them onto the card. I also diecut 2 extra butterflies and adhered them to the inside of the card to cover the back of the ones on the front since you could see the adhesive through the acetate.
And to finish off the card, I stamped a sentiment onto a banner and
adhered it in between the two layers on the front of the card. I also
diecut 2 additional banners – one was adhered on the back of the card
front behind the sentiment banner to once again hide the adhesive. The
other one was adhered over the wildflowers image to write a little
sentiment that is hidden behind the sentiment banner when the card is closed.
A huge thank you to all of the Hero artists for always inspiring us everyday to want to get out our stamps and get inky!