First of all we want to remind you that you still have TWO days to get your entries in for our first challenge!!
NOW onto our news!
Despite our original plans to wait a while first, we’ve decided to hold a …
Now we figured you might like to know some details. Most of these are pretty standard, and low-key! This is a bit wordy, but please bear with us, we wanted to answer all the questions you might have.
What we would ask of a Design Team Member
- To submit one project per month (to be used in ONE challenge per month), fitting in with the challenge requirements as they occur (e.g. a tag is to be made/incorporated into the project on weeks where a tag is integral to part of the challenge). Projects are to be submitted no later than 3 days before the post is to appear, including product lists and any other notes required.
- To submit one other project per month, to be shown on A Blog Named Hero. (this may include a video or photo tutorial, technique, new ideas, craft project, product comparisons etc)
- To comment on a set number of challenge entries each time a challenge is posted. (The number of entries the DT member would be required to comment on, will vary with each month–this will be confirmed at a later date).
- To post their project (or a sneak peek) on their own blog (if they have one) on the day their project appears on A Blog Named Hero.
- To be ‘involved’ in promoting A Blog Named Hero affiliated sites/pages (e.g. Facebook page, flickr page, twitter etc)
- Any further duties may be added or altered at a later date, but will be discussed in advance.
- The term of the DT position will be for 3 months to begin with, at which stage we may offer to extend the term further, or not. (this will depend on several factors!)
- You do not have to be a card-maker to apply. Scrapbookers, mini-album makers, alternate crafts etc are welcome–as long as you’re happy to use Hero Arts products! (however, please note that occasional challenges will have specific requirements such as tags/cards/non-paper crafts).
Things to note:
- People who do not have a blog are still MOST welcome to apply.
- People who are on design teams for other sites are also welcome to apply–however, for those who are on design teams, we suggest you confirm that it’s OK with your current DT ‘leader’ if you are on our DT too. (Some might consider it a conflict of interest/may not be happy with it).
- PLEASE do not apply if you are unable to fulfill the position as described above (and with consideration of any other foreseeable requirements)
- A basic knowledge of blogger/blogging language, protocol etc and how-to would be helpful (but is not essential).
- This blog is (as I’m sure you’re all aware) about our love for HERO ARTS products. If you have none (or an extremely limited supply) this may not be the best fit. While crafters are more than welcome to enter our challenges using non-Hero Arts supplies, as a DT member for this blog, you will be expected to incorporate Hero Arts supplies into your projects (preferably as the major element etc)
- For those of you who think “I’m not good enough to be on a DT“–STOP THINKING THAT! We would love to see crafters of all styles, skill level etc apply. We are hoping to fill the design team with people from varying styles.
- At this stage, we are looking for 3-6 DT members (give or take!) however, please do NOT let that hold you back–you might just be one of our 3-6!! We will also be holding DT calls in the future (we imagine!)
- This call is open to international applicants, as long as you have a good understanding/use of English for the blog (as that’s our main language!)
One more point: Please only submit your application if you are a TEAM PLAYER. We want our Design team to be a group of Hero Arts loving crafters. We want our team to be a relaxed one, however, a hard-working one! We want this to be fun! (So far it is AMAZING fun :))
To submit your application:
Send an email to email@example.com, with DESIGN TEAM APPLICATION in the subject line.
- 3-5 photos of your crafting projects that you feel best describe your style. (links to photos in flickr/blog posts in which the photos appear are also acceptable–NOT links to the main blog URL please).
- your blog URL (if you have a blog)
- A little bit about you (your crafting history/styles/how you started/why you love Hero Arts/DT history if you have one etc) so we can learn a bit about you with your application.
- Tell us WHY you think you’d be good on our Design Team and why you’d like to join.
- Your location –this will NOT be a factor in whether you are offered a DT position or not, we’re just curious to know where you are from!
- Any other information you have that you think is pertinent! (e.g. you have health issues that may occasionally need to be considered)
- Please notify us in the email if you have any major plans in the coming 3-6 months (e.g. you are going on a month-long holiday to Hawaii in August–we want to be sure we’re packed and ready to come with you :)) so that we can plan ahead 🙂
(seems like a lot we know, but it’s not really).
If you have any further questions, you can feel free to leave comments below, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org (please write DT QUESTION in the subject line so we know to respond ASAP).
HOWEVER-we ask that you please read this post carefully, so that you don’t ask us a question that we’ve already answered here 🙂
Submissions close April 16th MIDNIGHT US EST. Submissions entered after then, will not be considered for this round.
We literally CANNOT WAIT to get your applications! We want to see who YOU are and what YOU make!
Speak to you soon!
Linda & Mary Dawn xx