Hello sweet crafters,
As you probably already know from the previous posts from the team, and this subtil title (haha) :
the theme of July is repetition.
I rarely use something twice on my cards, image or sentiment, but it’s a good way to give you another idea on how to use your products. What do you think ?
Today I’m sharing a simple card, really easy to achieve with just a few products.
I used the repetition with the frames and the sentiments, as you can see.
Here are the steps :
1 – Use the 4 wood frame infinity dies to die cut some white cardstock.
2 – Use direct to paper inking technique with soft brown ink ( gently rub the paper with the inkpad) and then with Cup o’ Joe ink to give a realistic wood effect on your frames.
3 – Glue the frames with precision glue on paradise cardstock (this color is really beautiful, and goes well with the brown tones).
4 – Stamp the sentiment “For You” from sending love mail stamp set (or you could use another small one you already have, Hero Arts have several sentiment stamp sets which are fantastic) in the center of the card :
Don’t forget to clean the stamp between the changements :
– On the bottom part Stamp with Cup O ‘ Joe ink several times (5/6 times ) to create a dark inking color.
– On the top part stamp with unicorn white pigment ink, it will give you an idea of the placement and spaces for the other sentiments to stamp.
– From the bottom part, stamp the penultimate sentiment with Cup O’ Joe ink , but just stamp it twice
– Then above this, stamp with Soft brown ink 3 or 4 times,
– Repeat above with the same ink once,
– Repeat above with Unicorn pigment ink and stamp again using Soft brown ink over the white to make a softer brown,
– For the second one from the top (and final) sentiment, use Soft brown ink, then Unicorn ink on top of it to make it lighter.
5 – To finish the card, glue it on a white carstock , or a folded card base using the precision glue.
If you love this glue as much as I do, there is a new version of it, bigger here : XL precision glue.
You’re cordially invited to enter this month’s challenge. There are 2 Hero Arts gift cards to win and there are new amazing products on their website !