Hello there! It’s Cha here at A Blog Named Hero to show you my card for this month’s challenge that it’s going to end in a few days. I decided to create a card using the My Monthly Hero kit from January 2019. This kit is sold out but I will give you some options that will help you to create a card like this. Keep reading to see the complete card!
I wanted to stamp some plants and flowers that will be seen through a window. So, I had to create a window mask in order to color the wall around that window, first.
Once I had the masks that I die cut from the Ballroom Fancy Die Set, I added the positive part just right to the center of the card panel in order to color the background. I used an Ink Blending Tool for adding Aged Mahogany Distress Oxide Ink. Then, I picked a Brick Stencil that I have from my stash and put it on top using Fired Brick Distress Oxide Ink. I sprayed some water to give an oldish look.
I removed the mask from the center and added the negative part right to the gap that I had in the middle of the card. I also added the mask of the frame of that ballroom window and fit in the gap of the window. I stamped the images from the My Monthly Hero Kit from January 2019 (Stamp sets similar to this set are found HERE and HERE). As I needed to mask these images to continue stamping, I decided to mask the images using their Frame Cuts or Coordinating Dies (See HERE and HERE). I stamped the images using the Hero Arts Intense Black Ink (or you can use the Hero Arts Intens-ified Black ink). When I finished stamping all the images, the card would be something like this:
I removed all the little masked images (not the mask of the window frame) and I decided to draw the lines with a black pen to complete the images that I masked. Look at the following picture:
So, at this point I had all my flowers and plants stamped, it was the time to color them. I used Copic Sketch Markers:
I gave the images a little of interest adding some black and white dots around them. Also, I added some shimmer to the flowers and plants and let the card dry. Later, I removed the last mask piece (the window frame) and I realized that some Copic Markers went through the mask paper. I fixed coloring the frame with a White Gel Pen.
For the sentiment for this card, I stamped the sentiment from the same kit (see HERE for a similar set) with Versamark ink and heat embossed with White Embossing Powder. I used my Mini MISTI for stamping all the sentiments. Then, I picked another sentiment and stamped with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and heat embossed with Ultra Fine Embossing Powder.
Here it is the complete card! Remember that you can find all product links on my blog (seeHERE).
I hope you like this card and remember that you can join in this first challenge of the year 2020 at A Blog Named Hero by posting a card using Hero Arts products!
Thank you so much!