Crafty friends – I am back with my last A Blog Named Hero post in 2018! The theme for December is Winter and is totally appropriate!
Recently, Hero Arts released the Warm Animals stamp set and the set has been sitting in my craft room waiting to be colored. This challenge was the perfect opportunity to bust them out!
- Starting with Neenah Solar White cardstock, I stamped my images in a copic friendly ink
- Once each critter was colored, I used the coordinating dies to cut them out
- On a piece of craft cardstock, I white heat embossed the Graphic Snowflake Bold Prints stamp
- The heart was cut using the Nesting Heart Infinity dies on vellum
- For the sentiment, I used a greeting from the Polar Greetings stamp set and white heat embossed it on the craft cardstock
- The craft cardstock panel was trimmed to 5.25×4 and added to a top folding notecard with craft foam and adhesive
- I added the vellum heart and the critters with adhesive and foam tape
- The sentiments were added on a playful slate with foam tape
- I added Moonshine confetti from Simon Says Stamp for shine
- Additional details were added like black gel pen for the critter’s eyes, glossy accents on the pom-poms and shimmer pen on the scarves
I hope you enjoyed this card and I can’t wait to see what you make for this month’s challenge!
Want to find the products I used? They are listed below for ease of reference. (Affiliated links are used at no cost to you. Thank you!) Click on the icons below each product picture to go to a favorite store.