Hi, Jessica here! This month we’re collaborating with Clearly Besotted and while it wasn’t my month to collaborate, I already own a few stamp and die sets from Clearly Besotted and decided to use them with my Hero Arts supplies just for fun!
I love the Butterfly Duo Die from Clearly Besotted! It’s a stand-alone die set that cuts two different sized butterflies. Each butterfly has an outline shape and a more detailed overlay. There’s SO much room for different techniques and projects with this die set! You can use them individually or together…I even used them to make a shaker card a few weeks ago!
So, I started off by swiping Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Grape Juice, Soft Purple, and Soft Lilac onto pieces of scrap Neenah Solar White card stock. Then I die cut the butterfly overlays and the Lawn Fawn Scripty Thanks sentiment from the colored card stock. Next I took a piece of Neenah Solar White card stock and pressed a Ranger Perfect Medium pad all over the paper before sprinkling it with Ranger Perfect Pearls pigment powder in Perfect Gold. I spritzed the paper with water and heated it to set the powder. I glued the overlays onto the gold outlines and gently bent them in the middle so the wings would look like they were fluttering!
Next, to create the background, I stamped the Hero Arts Large Flower Background stamp on a 4.25″ by 5.5″ piece of Neenah Solar white card stock with Golden Glitz Delicata ink and heat embossed it with Hero Arts clear embossing powder. I realized that I smudged a corner of the paper with a finger which messed up the embossing powder so I trimmed the card down by a half inch on two sides. To accommodate for the part that I trimmed off, I took a scrap of the card stock that I had originally swiped with ink pads and was able to find a piece that would give me enough for a border! As Tim Gunn would say, it was a make-it-work moment! 😉
To put the card together I glued the purple trim down onto a top-folding 4.25″ by 5.5″ card. Then I mounted the flower background onto the card with foam mounting tape to give it a little dimension. For the butterflies I attached their bodies to the card with glue dots and then added a little wedge of foam mounting tape under each wing so that the wings would stay up. Also, I adhered the sentiment with foam mounting tape so that it would lay against the butterfly wing smoothly.
So there you have it! I love how the butterfly dies pair so nicely with the background stamp! Many thanks to Stephanie Wincott of Clearly Besotted for collaborating with A Blog Named Hero this month! I hope this collaboration encourages you to mix some of your products together!
Don’t forget to play along with our current Challenge: Masking! Our generous sponsor, Simon Says Stamp, is awarding one random entry with a $25 gift voucher!
Thanks for visiting!