Paste is everywhere these days, right? Using it with stencils to create gorgeous backgrounds is trendy – and fun!
Well, I don’t have too many stencils by now, so I like to use my dies to create my own “stencils”. I tried to die cut different acetate sheets, but my die-cutting system (called “double do” – I think it’s a German thing) won’t work with acetate. So I use ultrathick cardstock – this works quite fine.
Let’s have a look:
1) Pick a die and take out your ultrathick cardstock:
2) I lined up my Memory Box Piestra Tile die twice to create my stencil.
3) That’s what my stencil looks like.
4) I tape down my stencil on top of my cardbase and carefully spread the modeling paste all over the stencil.
5) Remove the stencil and let everything dry. (You can also use a heatgun to speed this up!)
Ready is your background! Yay – that was easy!
And here is the card I created with this background, using the beautiful flower from CAS-ual Friday Stamps: