Melissa here today and I must tell you, I caught a bug. I caught a really fun bug. I’m slightly addicted. But in a really, really good way! Kelly Rasmussen was a guest designer in the last Online Card Class. She showed us how she used ink swatches to perfectly select colors while she designed. This idea caught on like wildfire and it’s just the thing to do now. Make color swatches!
You can make color swatches from anything-ink, embossing powders, spray mists, etc.
- My friend, Chari, gave me the tip to start stamping in small batches. For example, stamp all your Hero Arts inks first, then move on to another manufacturer, etc.
- I stamped out all my inks, put the tags in a container and put them in rainbow order after I was done stamping (this was the hardest part for me!).
- The binder ring can be found at any office supply store or craft store (by the sewing supplies). My ring is 2.5″. You’ll want to make sure to get a big enough ring.
- I used a heavy card stock from Papertrey Ink as the swatches were going to get man-handled and I needed them to be sturdy.
- Prepare yourself to make swatches our of everything!