Melissa here with a photo tutorial showing how to make a 3D flower using Hero Arts Newspaper Background! I’ll be using an EK Success Flower Punch but I’ll also show you how to make another type of 3D flower using your scissors-I call it the “pom pom” style.
Super easy-don’t worry if you don’t have a flower punch-there’s the 2nd technique that anyone with some scissors can do! Grab some coffee and take a look with me!
1. Stamp a design on paper about 3″ x 12″ (exact measurements totally not required!). Cut a curvy line and then cut fringe.
2. This is the back side of photo in #1, just trying to show the fringe. Ink up if you want!
3. Trim the stamped and fringed piece to a manageable piece, leave a little edge so the fringe doesn’t turn into confetti strips!
4. This is what you should have now. Since I curve the edge, when I trim the bottom piece off, sometimes I curve that as well, you’ll see why, just go with it.
1. You should have a piece that looks something like this. 12″ long, doesn’t matter how wide, do whatever you want.
2. The back side of #1, just showing how much of an edge I leave.
3. Roll it up! I put the stamped image on the inside of the roll, you’ll see why. But if you’re using patterned paper or the kids colored the paper, it doesn’t really matter what direction you roll! Hot glue the end.